Monday 12 April 2010

Back To Work

The weekends pass too quickly and before you know it, it's back to work. As I walked out of the back of the house this morning to put my moth trap in the garage until later when I could check it after work, twelve 'buzzing' Redpolls went over. I wish I had been heading up to Rossall for a mornings birding!

As I headed across the car park at Myerscough College my spirits were lifted by a singing Chiffchaff and a Swallow flying round the buildings where they nest. From my office window overlooking some woodland I had a Treecreeper feeding away, which I was really pleased about as it was an addition to my 'on business' bird list and would hopefully get me one step closer to George in Northumberland who is beating me at the moment by a few species.

Back home I checked the moth trap and I caught 21 moths of three species; twelve Hebrew Characters, four Common Quakers and five Early Greys. It was Monday morning after all!

No comments: