Monday 18 April 2011

Back To The Day Job

No birding or ringing for me today, it was back to work. Mind you work was surveying some riparian woodlands so it wasn't all bad. I didn't see anything particularly exciting but it was pleasant walking along in the company of singing Blackcaps, Chiffchaffs and Willow Warblers.

 The Office Today!

On my way home I called in at Rawcliffe Moss to drop some bird seed off. As it was a nice afternoon I decided to have a walk round. As I headed down the track a Yellowhammer was singing from the hedge along the lane and down at the feeding station I had 21 Tree Sparrows. Walking up the '97' hedge it was very quiet other than a Buzzard going over and three singing Corn Buntings.

A male Sparrowhawk flew over the top fields and I headed towards the plantation. It was fairly quiet in the plantation except for 5 singing Willow Warblers, 9 Goldfinch and a noisy Jay. Heading back towards the track I had a Blackcap singing from the L Wood, a White Wagtail went over and a few Swallows were hanging around Curlew Farm. Not 'hard core' birding but very pleasant nonetheless!

A poor Swallow picture

No comments: