Friday 8 July 2011

Updated Ringing Totals

I just wanted to draw your attention to the fact that I have updated our ringing totals up until the end of June; you can see these in the panel on the right. Five new species for the year were ringed in June and these were Oystercatcher, Curlew, Barn Owl, Little Owl and Swallow. I can't take credit for any of these as they are due to the hard work of Phil and Will.

Other notable species and totals include Kestrel of which we ringed 7 pulli in June thanks to Ian's ladder and tree climbing skills. Paul has ringed good  numbers of Tree Sparrows and increased the total for pulli to an impressive 239.

So I think a pat on the back is deserved for all members of Fylde Ringing Group!

2 comments:

theconstantwalker said...

I have just discovered your wonderful blog and have really enjoyed my browse.
The images are fantastic.

The Hairy Birder said...

Thanks Andrew.