Sunday 1 February 2015

The Raven That Refused To Sing..........

..........(And Other Stories) is a cracking Prog album by Steven Wilson and if you're a bit of an old, or even new, Prog Rocker like me you'll love it! The Raven that flew over the Water Treatment Works this morning as Ian and I were topping up the feeders, also refused to sing, but it looked fantastic against the crisp blue sky.

A late night courtesy of some folk rock in the form of Fairport Convention and a still biting north-northwesterly wind, caused me to switch my alarm off before it rang out at 6:30 this morning. Instead I met Ian at the Water Treatment Works and as I have already said we topped the feeders up. It wasn't exactly jumping and in addition to the Raven we had a couple of Song Thrushes, ten Goldfinches and a Buzzard.

It's remaining northerly, more or less, next week, but there is a chance that some high pressure might build towards the end of the week and hopefully this my lead to some ringing opportunities. Fingers crossed!

No comments: