Over on the right I have updated the ringing totals for Fylde Ringing Group up until the end of June. June was a fairly quiet month for us and as a result we are now 89 birds behind where we were last year.
We ringed two new species for the year and these were a brood of three Kestrels and a brood of two Barn Owls. Below I have listed the top two species ringed during June and also listed the 'movers and shakers' for the year. I've only done a top two for the month because it was so quiet and as a result you will notice that the top ten 'movers and shakers' have remained fairly static!
Top Two Ringed in June
1. Pied Flycatcher - 47
2. Reed Warbler - 15
Top 10 Mobers and Shakers
1. Lesser Redpoll - 159 (same position)
2. Goldfinch - 135 (same position)
3. Blue Tit - 121 (same position)
4. Great Tit - 87 (same position)
5. Chaffinch - 77 (same position)
6. Siskin - 59 (same position)
7. Meadow Pipit - 53 (same position)
8. Pied Flycatcher - 49 (straight in)
9. Willow Warbler - 30 (down from 8th)
10. Robin - 26 (down from 9th)
Hopefully by the end of July a few more warbler species will have made in appearance.
Saturday 17th FEbruary - Yesterday, Gary had spotted a *Gannet* off the top of Ardnave Point. Today, he had a *Golden Eagle* soaring around above Bunnahabhain. Here at home, there ...
48 minutes ago