Sunday 7 August 2016

Yet More Surveys

You will be fed up of reading it, and I'm fed up of saying it, but I've had yet more bird surveys to complete these past couple of weeks and as such this has been virtually the only birding I have been able to blog about!

I've had three sites to survey; one west of Penrith, another east of Penrith and the third south of Kendal. Again all three sites are former farmland sites planted relatively recently with broad-leaved woodland. Highlights from the three surveys have been 20 House Martins, two Song Thrushes, 21 Willow Warblers, a Chiffchaff, two Lesser Redpolls, a Linnet, a Grey Wagtail, two Great Spotted Woodpeckers, a Yellowhammer, a Goldcrest, three Tree Sparrows, three Stock Doves, two Redstarts, a Garden Warbler, two Siskins and two Buzzards.

 Goldcrest

I shouldn't grumble, but I'm desperate to get out on the patch!

2 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

I get that way as well. Surveys are great but I have to pace myself. You'll be out doing your thing soon enough. The birds thank you for watching over them:)

The Hairy Birder said...

Thanks Chris :)