Friday 23 January 2009

The Ups And Downs Of A Feeding Station, 20th January 2009

As I mentioned last time the birds at my feeding station at Moss House Farm are getting through more than a bucket of seed every other day. When I fed last Tuesday I put a bucket and a half down and there were only 18 Tree Sparrows present. When I went on Thursday (22nd) there were probably in excess of a hundred so the extra feed is working. The only problem is the cost!

When I fed on Tuesday I didn't have much else other than a female Sparrowhawk, 2 Corn Buntings and 3 Yellowhammers.

I always find that at this time of year I start to get fed up with winter birding and I start longing for Spring. So to warm everyone up I have included some very cold winter pics sent to me today from my mate Nigel of a sequence of shots of a Snowy Owl in the hand and subsequent release after ringing. It's a cold scene but the bird certainly warms you up!




Awesome!!!

No comments: