Friday 17 September 2010

Splash and Dash

I called at my feeding station on Rawcliffe Moss this morning on my way to see a client in Bowland. It was clear with a moderate northwesterly wind and it was quite cold. A few birds are starting to find the seed now and there were half a dozen Chaffinch and about 10 Tree Sparrows.

 Tree Sparrow

As I walked back down the track away from the feeding station I could hear some Pink-footed Geese calling and I was expecting to see them appear over Curlew Wood from the north, and then I could hear them over head. I looked up and 76 were high 'winging' their way south.

 'Pinkies'

The weather has now changed for weekend and it is highly unlikely that we will get out ringing at the 'obs', so it will be some birding for me tomorrow and Sunday.

No comments: