Thursday 26 April 2012

Land of the Salad Leaf

I was working in west Lancs today, in the rain I hasten to add, carrying out some surveys in the salad growing area. Alongside the well prepared seed beds were bits of habitat that supported a few birds and I recorded 2 Blackcaps, 3 Yellowhammers, 2 singing Corn Buntings, singing Reed Bunting, 4 Skylarks, 7 Linnets, Grey Partridge, 2 Chiffchaffs, 7 Lapwings and a male Wheatear perched on top of a telegraph pole! A reasonable selection of farmland birds.

Below is a picture of a fumitory species that I recorded and I'm not sure if it is Common or Purple Ramping. Below that some Ramsons growing along a ditch side.

Fumitory sp.

Ramsons

1 comment:

Captain Shagrat said...

Hope to get some of those ramsons going on my allotment plot. Loving the garlic as I do