Tuesday 21 August 2012

Battling On

It was the same 'pack drill' for me this morning except that I didn't manage to get to the coastal park. I started off at the farm fields and it was certainly a better morning to be out, but it was still very quiet. A Willow Warbler calling early on from the hedge along the big ditch made me feel hopeful for a few grounded migrants and a Wheatear on the sea wall increased my optimism, but it was mainly down hill from here.

A few Swallows, 11, headed south and the only other 'vis' to speak of were two Pied Wagtails heading in the same direction. The sea was very quiet, and a long way out, but a Peregrine perched on a groyne made up for a lack of seabirds. The only other raptors I had were two Kestrels.

Moving on to the cemetery I was greeted by 'ticking' Robins and again I was hopeful for a few migrants but it wasn't to be this morning. I have a couple of days of site visits starting from tomorrow, so it will be Friday before I am out on the patch again.

Robin

2 comments:

Gary Jones said...

HI, just come across your great blog, added to my follow list now and look forward to having a look back.
Regards Gary
http://walksnwildlife.blogspot.co.uk/

The Hairy Birder said...

Thanks Gary. I've just had a peek at yours and added you too to my 'follow' list. Stunning landscape images!