Monday 17 September 2012

Was it worth it...............

...............for six Cormorants and 16 Common Scoters? As the wind was forecast to be WSW 20-25 mph I headed for my reserve sea watching spot at first light due to the state of the tide. I had decided to give it a couple of hours before strapping myself to my desk for the rest of the day. In the end I only gave it just over an hour because in that time all I had seen was the above.

As I was driving home I received a text from Ian to say he had had a Leach's up the coast at the obs! However, when I rang him he said other than the Leach's he had seen b*gger all.

Was it worth it? I would say yes because you just never know! It looks as though we're gong to get more of the same for the rest of this week, but I will try.

No comments: