Tuesday 18 February 2014

Down South

I was working in southeast Cheshire today for my sins producing a scrub clearance and scrape creation management plan for a block of land on the Cheshire/Staffordshire border. So the picture below was the view from my office today!

 The view from the office today.

I didn't see a great deal other than a Woodcock, two Jack Snipes and a Fox. Interestingly I flushed the two Jack Snipes from an area I earmarked for a scrape, so I must be doing something right!

I called at my feeding station yesterday for quite literally a 'splash and dash' as it was very wet down the track. The feeding station was relatively quiet with just six Chaffinches, six Yellowhammers, eight Blackbirds and 63 Tree Sparrows. I'm beginning to think that perhaps some birds are already dispersing because of the mild weather. I also had two Buzzards, a Song Thrush, six Stock Doves and Green Sand and Grey Wagtail on the flood.

Green sandpiper

No comments: