Friday 7 March 2014

The Week That Was

I've had a busy week work wise this past week and all I have managed to do is a couple of visits to my feeding station to wind it down and the odd site visit with work. At my feeding station totals have included ten Chaffinches, four Yellowhammers and 89 Tree Sparrows. The Green Sandpiper has been present on the flood all week along with its 'pal' the Grey Wagtail. Two Buzzards have been present along with a drumming Great Spotted Woodpecker and 30 Linnets.

 Green Sandpiper

Earlier in the week I was running a farmland bird workshop in north Cumbria and had six Yellowhammers, Grey Wagtail and my first Raven of the year at the farm we held the workshop on.

I was on the blanket bog above Haslingden today for my sins and the only bird of note I came across was a Woodcock I flushed from amongst the Heather and Sphagnum.

Fingers crossed for a few more birds tomorrow!

No comments: