Saturday 12 September 2015

There's Always Tomorrow

The forecast was spot on for last night and this morning, but the hoped for birds didn't materialise. At first light it was absolutely bucketing down and Ian and I sat in my car drinking coffee until the rain eased up enough to get out birding. After the first half hour it was obvious that the magic hadn't happened and that it was very quiet.

As was expected in such poor conditions the vis was virtually nil except for a brave Grey Wagtail and two Swallows east. There seemed to be a few more Robins around this morning and in total I had eight. The only other grounded migrants were three Goldcrests in the pines.

On my way home I had a quick look on the pools and had a good count of 71 Coot.

So that was that. The forecast for tomorrow is for it to be dry and overcast with a lighter southeasterly wind than today. I'll give it another go!

No comments: