Friday 16 October 2015

Just An Hour

Yesterday morning I gave myself an hour in the morning to go birding before sitting down for the rest of the day to write a report. I am always amazed how good it makes me feel if I can at least spend some time communing with nature!

I had a quick look at a couple of migrant spots at the Obs to see if there was much doing. I had my first two Fieldfares of the autumn, and other than that grounded birds were a bit scarce and all I had were five Robins, five Goldcrests, a Song Thrush, two Coal Tits, three Redwings, a Rock Pipit and a Chiffchaff.

The vis didn't fare much better and I recorded two Meadow Pipits, 15 Chaffinches, four Grey Wagtails, an Alba Wag, a Greenfinch, four Redwings, 40 Jackdaws and a Goldfinch.

The only raptors I had were a male Peregrine and Sparrowhawk. So after just an hour out I felt ready to face the day!

Peregrine (above & below)

 

2 comments:

Warren Baker said...

Also had a Peregrine here today mate :-)

The Hairy Birder said...

Cracking birds Warren aren't they. I never tire of seeing them.

Cheers,

Seumus