Over on the right you will see that I have updated the ringing totals for Fylde Ringing Group up until the end of October. At 3,674 birds ringed we have already ringed more birds full stop than we did last year. If we can ring more than 3,723 by the end of the year it will be our best annual total since 2011.
Three new species were ringed for the year in October and these were Fieldfare, Marsh Warbler and Brambling.
Below you will find the top five ringed for the month and the top ten 'movers and shakers' for the year.
Top Five Ringed In October
1. Greenfinch - 97
2. Goldfinch - 92
3. Redwing - 88
4. Goldcrest - 84
5. Chaffinch - 65
Top Ten Movers And Shakers For The Year
1. Swallow - 922 (same position)
2. Blue Tit - 237 (same position)
3. Goldfinch - 205 (up from 7th)
4. Sand Martin - 169 (down from 3rd)
5. Chaffinch - 162 (up from 8th)
6. Greenfinch - 160 (straight in)
7. Reed Warbler - 157 (down from 4th)
8. Goldcrest - 154 (up from 10th)
9. Great Tit - 152 (down from 5th)
10. Willow Warbler - 119 (down from 6th)
At 922 birds ringed I would say that Swallow is secure in number one spot. However, Blue Tit is certainly under threat from Goldfinch and could be replaced in second position. Also Sand Martin's tenure in fourth is under question and could easily slip down to the lower end of the table. Likewise Reed Warbler is in a similar position. Only time will tell!
I am Always With You - Kindly posted on Facebook to me by my dear colleague Bev Thank you so much – such beautiful and comforting words xxx
1 hour ago