Saturday 3 September 2016

A Few Grey Wags

There was a window of a couple of hours this morning before the rain came in so I decided to have a look at the farm fields on the coast surrounding the school at the southern end of the Obs recording area. I had full cloud cover with a 15 mph southwesterly wind.

There wasn't any evidence of grounded migrants this morning other than perhaps six Dunnocks and six Robins. And the only vis was wagtails; ten Grey Wagtails and five Alba Wags all heading south.

 Dunnock

The sea was equally quiet with just 15 Common Scoters, a Wigeon, two Eiders and a Gannet. I always enjoy seeing Little Egrets, so a single flying over made it into my notebook as did a female Sparrowhawk.

So that was it, short and sweet! It's going to be dry tomorrow morning with a nuisance northwesterly wind, so I might just have a walk down to the estuary.

No comments: