Wednesday 1 April 2020

The Solway

I know, you don't need to tell me, I've missed another day! Perhaps I need to set myself a more realistic target of posting every other day during the Covid 19 lock-down, and if I manage a run of a few days of posting every day, then it will be a bonus.

Also, I thought I would post a few pictures of one of our (Gail and Me) favourite places in the UK, the Solway in southwest Scotland. Under the Solway bracket I have also posted some landscape pictures of one of my favourite RSPB reserves, Mersehead, which unsurprisingly is on the Solway!

So, without further ado, click on the pics for a more expansive view, and enjoy.

 Balcary Point

The shore at Mersehead

Hestan Island

Mersehead RSPB

The Solway from Browhouses

Looking across the Solway from near Caldbeck in Cumbria

Another view of the Solway from Browhouses

It was quiet in my moth trap again this morning (still too cold) with just two Early Greys and a Double-striped Pug. I'll be switching it on again in a minute, so fingers crossed for tomorrow. It's going to be overcast with a slightly higher minimum temperature, so who knows!

Over on the right I have updated the ringing totals for the year for Fylde Ringing, and this could be the last update for a while where the numbers ringed increase due to the Covid 19 lockdown. Linnet still tops the table with 115 ringed, but five new species were added in March in the form of Skylark, Reed Bunting, Meadow Pipit, Lesser Redpoll and Chiffchaff.

No comments: