Monday 8 February 2010

Monday Morning on the Moss

You know the routine as well as I do; it was a quick dash out from work late morning to feed on Rawcliffe Moss. On the way down the track towards the feeding station I had four Grey Partridges, that were in two pairs. The track is a favoured haunt for them and I can only assume that they feed at the feeding station.

Tree Sparrow numbers remain fairly static at 153, with 15-20 Chaffinches associated with them. At first I thought I wasn't going to have any Yellowhammers but on the way back up the hedge I had twelve. Back at the car I had to laugh when watching a Buzzard drift over a stubble field full of about 300 Jackdaws, when probably half of them mobbed the Buzzard as it glided by. You couldn't see the Buzzard, but you knew its direction of flight by the seething mass of Jackdaws!

No comments: