Sunday 16 January 2011

Are You Out There?

What a washout the weekend has been. Wet and windy for two days has meant no birding or ringing for me. I called briefly at my feeding station today, but the weather was too appalling to have a walk round, so all I can say is that there were about 200 Tree Sparrows.

If you're not in to Thin Lizzy then look away now.

Lizzy were absolutely awesome last night in Manchester. I know there a lot of critics out there saying how can it be Lizzy without the 'big man' Phil Lynott and sometimes I sort of agree. However, what sold it for me was the fact that drummer Brian Downey, Phil's bestest buddy ever, is back in the band and he wouldn't do anything that Phil wouldn't approve of. It's 25 years since the death of one of Rock's greatest front men and the music needs to be kept on playing to keep it alive.

For the Lizzy anoraks amongst you the set list from last night is listed below:

1. Are You Ready?
2. Waiting For An Alibi
3. Jailbreak
4. Do Anything You Want To
5. Don't Believe A Word
6. Dancing In The Moonlight
7. Massacre
8. Angel Of Death
9. Still In Love With You
10. Whiskey In The Jar
11. Emerald
12. Wild One
13. Sha La La
14. Drum Solo
15. Cowboy Song
16. The Boys Are Back In Town

Encore

17. Rosalie
18. Bad Reputation

Encore

19. Black Rose

Are You Out There?

1 comment:

Ghost of Stringer said...

Was into rock/metal when I was a kid (and still am !) never really got into these tho, I was more AC/DC and Motorhead back then...