In case you were wondering, and you probably weren't, I had to cancel my bird survey in north Cumbria this morning due to wind strength. At least I got to stay in bed a little longer!
Over on the right you will see that I have updated the ringing totals for Fylde Ringing Group up until the end of March. We have ringed 547 birds of 29 species and we are 75 ahead of where we were last year.
New species ringed during March were Sparrowhawk, Woodpigeon, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Meadow Pipit, Chiffchaff, Jay, House Sparrow, Tree Sparrow and Linnet.
Below you will find the top five ringed during the month and the top ten 'movers and shakers' for the year.
Top 5 Ringed in March
1. Meadow Pipit - 53
2. Siskin - 43
Goldfinch - 43
4. Lesser Redpoll - 36
5. Chaffinch - 16
Blue Tit - 16
Top 10 Movers and Shakers
1. Goldfinch - 121 (same position)
2. Chaffinch - 71 (same position)
3. Siskin - 55 (up from 6th)
4. Blue Tit - (down from 3rd)
5. Meadow Pipit - 53 (straight in)
6. Lesser Redpoll - 38 (straight in)
7. Great Tit - 25 (down from 4th)
8. Coal Tit - 21 (down from 5th)
9. Dunnock - 16 (down from 8th)
10. Robin - 15 (down from 7th)
Pot Luck Week 18-24 April 2017 - Been a decent week round the doors so heres a round up of some the highlights. Springtime view of Houghton-Le-Spring - even if its turned into a Blackthor...
2 hours ago