Friday 15 April 2016

Wot No Migrants!

I've had a busy week this week with early starts and late nights and this morning was my first opportunity for a bit of leisurely birding. I decided to see if there were any migrants around and first went to the cemetery. The cemetery is a good barometer of whether there are any migrants about and often that first impression is correct and my first impression this morning was that it was very quiet. No calling phylloscs, oh dear I thought!

 Dunnock; one of the resident breeders.

I trawled round the cemetery without any results other than the usual resident breeders. I decided to have a look in the coastal park just in case the quietness of the cemetery was a fluke. And it wasn't with the only migrant being a single Goldcrest!

It's going cold and northerly this weekend, particularly tomorrow, but the wind is easing into Sunday so this might briefly unblock things, we'll see! 

No comments: