Friday 1 January 2010

News Year Eve and Day - A Quick Update

I called briefly at the feeding station on Rawcliffe Moss yesterday on my way out with 'her indoors' and put some seed out. I didn't really have time for a mooch round, so it was a quick march down the track to the feeding area and back again. A few 'Pink-feet' were moving around and I had 286 in total. Paul was telling me that there are currently 15,000 Over Wyre.

At the feeding station itself there were 65 Tree Sparrows, seven Chaffinch and two Yellowhammers.

This morning at about 10:00 I got a phone call from my mate Ian saying that the drake Ring-necked Duck was on the western most of the Fleetwood Marine lakes and was showing well in fantastic light. I dashed up there for another helping of this delightful duck and got one or two reasonable shots, one of which is now the header for my blog. With it being the 1st January, everyone who had twitched it when Ian first found it on 29th December were twitching it again for their year lists!



Also on the Marine Lakes were five Tufted Ducks, with which the Ring-necked was associating with, and 120 Turnstones.

2 comments:

Ghost of Stringer said...

Duckin ell !! Thats a good patch bird.....

Happy New Year Seamus....

The Hairy Birder said...

Happy New Year to you too Gary.