Monday 1 September 2014

Swallows Again

Andy, Ian and I had another good session at the Swallow roost yesterday evening. There were about 2,000 roosting and we managed to ring a respectable 97 plus a single Sand Martin. When we were extracting them Ian was at a different net to Andy and I and we suddenly heard him shout Hobby! All the Swallows got up out of the reeds and climbed into the sky. Andy and I unfortunately couldn't get on to the Hobby that had shot low over the net Ian was extracting from, and it was that close that he could see it was a juv. Superb!

The forecast is looking good for some ringing on the coast tomorrow, so I'll let you know how I get on. In fact the forecast is looking good all week and towards the end of the week we might even get a goodie at the Obs if these easterlies persist!

No comments: