Monday 23 March 2015

A Bit More Variety

I was at the Obs again yesterday morning and at first light I was greeted with clear skies and a light southeasterly wind. On the ringing front there was a bit more variety in the number of species ringed and I ringed nine birds as follows:

Goldfinch - 2
Meadow Pipit - 4
Leser Redpoll - 2
Goldcrest - 1

 Goldfinch

 Meadow Pipit

The vis was a lot quieter this morning probably as a result of several days of good weather. My vis totals included 843 Pink-footed Geese, 35 Meadow Pipits, ten Goldfinches, eight Alba Wags, two Linnets, 23 Woodpigeons, four Stock Doves and five Lesser Redpolls.

 Lesser Redpoll

Pink-footed Geese

The only grounded migrant was the Goldcrest I ringed. Only one Grey Heron was in the fields this morning and the only raptor I had was a single Kestrel.

 Grey Heron

I've got a day in the office tomorrow so I'll try and get out first thing in the morning for a couple of hours.

No comments: