Monday 30 March 2015

It's Going To Be A Late Spring

I didn't get out birding at all over the weekend as the weather was so awful and I couldn't get out this morning either because of having to run her indoors to work. Mind you once again it was very cold and from a northerly airstream, so not conducive to migration. The forecast for most of the week is for it to remain cold and basically northerly so I guess it's going to be a late spring this year.

Ian and I headed to the water treatment works this morning to top up the nyger feeders and they were virtually empty, so something is munching them and let's hope it is from the Carduelis family rather than Parus! The wind was a good 25-30 mph WNW as we walked round so we did well to see a male Sparrowhawk, two Song Thrushes, two Long-tailed Tits and a Goldcrest.

It's an office day for me tomorrow as I cancelled my site visits based on the forecast which is for 50 mph WNW winds and rain! However, as there are morning tides I might try and motivate myself to go sea watching for a couple of hours. But be warned, I won't have a lot to report because of that northerly element! 

No comments: