Monday 8 February 2016

Deja Vu

Every day out at the minute has that deja vu feeling about it and that's because it is the same old routine. I had a site visit this morning looking at some habitat creation for farmland bird populations and then I headed to my feeding station. Storm Imogen was doing her worst, although up here in the northwest her teeth weren't that sharp! However, it did mean that frequent squally showers combined with the strong winds birds were liying low.

Two raptor species were in the vicinity of the feeding station in the form of two Buzzards and a female Sparrowhawk. The feeders themselves were quiet but the usual Blue Tit, Great Tit, Chaffinch and Goldfinch assemblage were close by.

 Buzzard

On my way home I had a look at the Geese and they were in a slightly different spot and there was only two hundred Pink-footed Geese and I couldn't find anything amongst them.

 Pink-footed Geese

It's looking very similar for the rest of the week with driving westerlies and showers. Birding will be at a premium!

No comments: