Over on the right I've updated the ringing totals for 2012 for our group (Fylde Ringing Group). You will see that we have ringed 600 birds of 34 species. Eight new species were added for the year in February and these were Pink-footed Goose, Mallard, Coot, Herring Gull, Goldcrest, Nuthatch, Siskin and Linnet. The top ten 'movers and shakers' are:
1. Blue Tit - 102 (up from 2nd)
2. Chaffinch - 78 (down from 1st)
3.Great Tit - 64 (same position)
4. Great Tit - 53 (up from 6th)
5. Tunrstone - 40 (down from 5th)
6. Tree Sparrow - 32 (down from 4th)
7. Blackbird - 27 (same position)
8. Robin - 26 (same position)
9= Dunnock - 23 (same position)
9= Starling - 23 (same position)
Below is a picture of the species holding the number one spot; Blue Tit.
Thursday 23rd February 2017 - The gale is picking up as the morning has gone on as Storm Doris begins to release her power. 10 Redwing on site plus the first new Blackbird of the spri...
2 hours ago