Friday 17 January 2014

A Snatched Hour

I snatched an hour or so birding this morning before spending the rest of the day working. I headed to the Point and it was cloudy with a fresh south-southeasterly wind, with intermittent light rain. There were a few waders on the beach including 86 Oystercatchers, 114 Sanderlings and 50 Grey Plovers flew past too.

It was quiet on the sea and the best bird was a 2CY Shag flying west with a group of Cormorants. In total I had 17 Eiders, 46 Cormorants, two Common Scoters, a Great Crested Grebe and two Red-breasted Mergansers.

Before heading home I had a look on the Marine Lakes and recorded 41 Turnstones, four Red-breasted Mergansers, a pair of Goldeneyes and 40 Redshanks.

 Turnstone

It's going to be quite wet tomorrow morning and I have to go to my feeding station to feed, so I don't think I will have too much to report tomorrow, but Sunday looks better.

No comments: