Monday 24 May 2010

Nearly All Moths

No birding for me today as such, although once you are a birder you bird all the time no matter where you are. I suppose what I mean is that I haven't actually been out anywhere today with the sole intention of doing some birding. From my office I could hear Garden Warbler and Chiffchaff singing from the woodland, and the office window feeders have really quietened down with the most regular visitors being Nuthatches.

Talking of Nuthatches have a look at the picture below that my mate Nigel sent me from Canada of Red-breasted Nuthatch in the hand. Awesome! Thanks Nigel.


Now to the moths. In my trap this morning, or should I say this evening when I emptied it, were Light Brown Apple Moth, 4 Heart and Darts, Bright-line Brown-eye, Miller (see picture below), 2 Common Pugs and Clouded Drab.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.