Sunday 5 July 2009

After the rain.......

.....there was bugger all other than a Common Sand and a Lapwing!

I worked home from home today because I had to wait in for a couple of parcels from the BTO to assist with the ringing demonstration we are doing tomorrow (4th) at Fleetwood Marsh NP. During the afternoon there was some heavy thundery rain and I thought after it stops I'll nip up to the Nature Park and see if it has dropped anything onto the pool. Well, it did stop and I did nip up to the nature park and there was nothing on the pool other than the aforementioned Common Sand and Lapwing!

I had a look on the wildfowl pool and had 4 Little Grebe, 35 Coots (5 juv's), 48 Mallards (5 young), 6 Tufted Ducks, 38 Herring Gulls, a pair of Ruddy Duck with 2 young and 2 Pochards.

I haven't shown any pictures for a while from my good mate Nigel in Canada so below are a couple of pictures of Golden-winged and Mourning Warbler that Nigel caught in a recent ringing session.
Mourning Warbler

Golden-winged Warbler

2 comments:

Ghost of Stringer said...

Phoooaaaaaar !!

The Hairy Birder said...

I know; those pictures made me break out into a hot sweat!