Sunday 30 August 2009

Stormont Hoodies...26th August

This doesn't refer to teenagers in certain items of clothing hanging around the Northern Irish parliament buildings, but does refer to Hooded Crows feeding in the parkland surrounding the Stormont Estate. 'Her indoors' and I were on one of those city sight seeing tours aboard an open top bus doing the rounds of the interesting sights of Belfast. What interesting sights of Belfast I hear you ask? As the bus drove along the main drive of the impressive Stormont estate Gail asked me what the black and grey birds were feeding on the ground. When I looked there were four impressive Hooded Crows feeding together. I always forget how stunning these corvids are until I come back to Ireland and renew my acquaintance with them.

Hooded Crow off 'the web'

No comments: