Sunday 23 October 2011

RIP Marco Simoncelli

I'd set the recorder on the TV to record the Moto GP from Malaysia this morning as I was hoping to be out birding, but the weather was pretty awful at first light, so I decided to watch the Moto GP live instead.

The Moto GP world lost what was one of it's greatest talents in Marco this morning when he was killed on the second lap of the race. I felt sick to the 'core' and my heart goes out to his friends and family. At only 24 years old he had the 'biggest balls' in the Moto GP paddock and had buckets full of talent; a future Moto GP world champion without doubt (he already had the 250 cc crown). Sunday afternoons won't be the same without watching him weave his magic on two wheels. Very sad and sorely missed already.

1 comment:

Stringer said...

Agreed, I was stunned to hear this news....