Wednesday 11 July 2012

Nearly There!

For the past couple of weeks my life seems to have been ruled by domesticity, but there is 'autumnal' light at the end of the tunnel! I had to take 'her indoors' on a weeks holiday, then I took my mother over to Ireland to visit her siblings and this week I have an Aunty and Uncle over from Canada staying with me. Where has all the birding gone?!

On my trip to Ireland I did see a few birds particularly on the ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast. Nothing unusual, and no Petrels or Skuas, but I did have 127 Gannets, 45 Shags, 37 Gullemots, 79 Manx Shearwaters, 3 Arctic Terns, 10 Kittiwakes, 37 Razorbills, 8 Puffins, 7 Fulmars, 4 Sandwich Terns, 17 Black Guillemots and 39 Common Terns.

Over in Ireland I did see the obligatory Black Guillemots and Hooded Crows at various coastal locations, but not a lot else. The forecast looks okay to get out birding before a day in the office tomorrow so I'll wait and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: