Wednesday 24 December 2008

Last Ringing Session Before Christmas, 24th December 2008

Today four of us had a last ringing session at my feeding station on Rawcliffe Moss and only managed to ring 10 birds! However, one of the ten was a new ringing record for the site and a ringing tick for our trainee Will. I have included a picture of said beasty below. The Magpie, not Will!

The Tree Sparrows were as usual successful in avoiding the nets and other than the Magpie the 10 birds were mainly made up of Chaffinch. There were still large numbers of Wood Pigs around and numbered 4,500.

It only remains to wish all my readers and fellow bloggers a Happy Christmas and I hope you have a bird-filled New Year. There will be more of Fleetwood Birder before the end of the year and I hoping to be out tomorrow, Christmas Day. Mind you her indoors doesn't know yet!

No comments: