Friday 19 November 2010

Another Moss

I had a meeting at Leighton Moss this morning with one of my colleagues so I took the opportunity to get up there early and spend an hour or so in the Eric Morecambe hide looking at the wildfowl.

Walking towards the hides there was a mixed flock of finches feeding that included a couple of Brambling. There was a lot of wildfowl on the pools and to be honest I did a half hearted count but all I will say is that there were a lot of Wigeon and Shoveler. I had a about a dozen Pintail, 20 Gadwall, 2 Goldeneyes, 7 Goosanders and 10 Red-breasted Mergansers.

There were about 400 Black-tailed Godwits on the far pool and probably over 400 Lapwings. A single Spotted Redshank fed in front of the Godwits and 3 Greenshank fed alongside 4 Little Egrets. I didn't get any pictures other than those of the Grey Heron and Lapwings below.




Hopefully I will be ringing at my feeding station on Rawcliffe Moss tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments: