Monday 28 September 2015

More Of The Same

I was at the Obs again for first light and I had clear skies with a 5 - 10 mph southeasterly wind. I'm afraid this blog posting is going to be a bit repetitive as it was very much more of the same this morning.

The vis was similar to yesterday in terms of species make up, but perhaps less numbers, and I recorded 56 Meadow Pipits, three Grey Wagtails, a Reed Bunting, ten Alba Wags, twelve Greenfinches, a Chaffinch, two Goldfinches, 230 Pink-footed Geese, a Curlew, a Skylark, eleven Swallows and a House Martin.

 Pink-footed Geese

Greenfinch

With clear skies these past few days grounded migrants have been a bit thin on the ground and this morning I had a Reed Bunting, three Goldcrests, a Chiffchaff, a Coal Tit and a Blackcap. I also had a Great Spotted Woodpecker which might not have been strictly a migrant, but it certainly wasn't from the immediate area as there is a lack of woodland.


Blackcap

I ringed seven birds this morning as follows (recaptures in brackets):

Blackcap - 1
Meadow Pipit - 1
Great Tit - 1
Greenfinch - 2
Wren - 1
Woodpigeon - 1
 Dunnock - (1)

 Great Tit

High pressure is still dominating tomorrow, and through until at least Friday, and the winds will remain fairly light at from the southeast. This means that I will be out at the Obs again in the morning and with a bit more cloud around perhaps there might be a few more birds about; I'll let you know.

No comments: