Monday 2 September 2013

It Couldn't Get Much Worse!

I only had limited time this morning to sea watch because of; (a) lots of work to do, and (b) I needed to order tickets for Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) at 9.00 am on the Planet Rock presale! It was windy over night and the wind had moved to a more promising WSW. It was good news on the Ian Anderson tickets as I am on the front row and bad news on the sea watch because of the visibility. In the end I had ample time because after an hour and a quarter I packed up!

In that hour and a quarter all I had on the murky sea was five Sandwich Terns and a single Manx Shearwater. I think the Manxie was a touch exhausted as it came in very close along the surf and landed on the sea just beyond the breaking waves, not an ideal place to land on the sea.

There was driving rain shower after rain shower running into the Bay and a number of these were driving on shore too, making it particularly unpleasant. So that hoped for Stormie didn't materialise.

The wind is going to decrease throughout the day and it is possible that I might get some ringing done at the obs either tomorrow or more likely on Wednesday.

2 comments:

PCF said...

Fallen on Hard Times then. Will have to don the Aqualung and get in amongst the Kelpie!

The Hairy Birder said...

A fellow Tull fan!