Friday 7 August 2020

Rained Off

Just in case you are tuning in, to see how I got on again this morning ringng in the Obs reedbed, I need to let you know that I was rained off. I suppose you could say 'drizzled' off, which would be more accurate!

My alarm was set for 0430, and I was up by 0415. As is the norm when I am up early, I shone my head torch into the garden to see if I could see any Hedgehogs, and I noticed it was wet! I then stepped out to examine this wet stuff further, and it was drizzling. That kind of fine drizzle you get on a dreich day. And what's more, judging by how wet it was, it had been raining for some time.

I hung around for half an hour, checked again, and still it drizzled, so it was back off to bed for me. With the amount of rain that had fallen, I doubt there would have been any new birds in, because if it had rained all night, and I expect it had, it would have had a blocking effect on any migration.

The forecast is looking okay for tomorrow, I know I said that yesterday, so I should be back in the Obs reedbed early tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: