Friday 28 October 2016

On The Up

Beer Festivals have got in the way of me updating my blog this week. I was at Lytham Beer Festival yesterday evening and I'm going for round two this afternoon. Consequently this is the first opportunity I've had to give a brief update of my trip to the Moss on Wednesday morning!

Overnight it had rained and by the look of things it had only just stopped by the time I was getting out of my car at the feeding station. As I walked along the track and hedge I was pushing out large numbers of Song Thrushes that were moving rapidly on. In fact I had a total of 28, which is as good a total of Songies that I have ever had. The Songies were accompanied by 16 Blackbirds and 102 Redwings. Interestingly I only had three Fieldfares!

Pink-footed Geese were constantly arriving to feed on the Moss and I had 1022 in total. The numbers of birds at the feeding station had increased and I had 21 Tree Sparrows, five Yellowhammers, ten Chaffinches, three Reed Buntings and a Brambling; so things are on the up!

I flushed three Snipe from the big field and eight Skylarks were there too. A Mistle Thrush, Goldcrest and two Long-tailed Tits later I was back at the car and heading home.

As long as I take it easy at the beer festival this afternoon I should be out birding/ringing both Saturday and Sunday!

No comments: