Monday 30 March 2020

Thinking Of Summer

I've done it again, missed a day. My wrist has been duly self-slapped! No excuse other than Gail and I were social distancing in 19.2 ha of semi-natural broad-leaved woodland, that's 192,000 square metres without another soul. The safest place to be I suspect at the moment, other than on an island!

To try and cheer myself up I have been thinking of summer, and some of the more common butterflies that will hopefully lift our spirits and fill our hearts with joy in the months to come. And I've posted pictures of just a few of them below.

Common Blue


Large Skipper

 Painted Lady

 Peacock

 Red Admiral

 Small Tortoiseshell

 Wall

In case you were wondering it was queit again on the moth front last night, just a single Hebrew Character and a Common Quaker. Now if you'll please excuse me, I need to go and switch my moth trap on. 

No comments: